BASIC COMPUTERS NAME: _________________________
10 PT PROJECT - WORD LESSON 3
Objective: The students will exercise their ability to research on the internet with their skills in MS/Word layout as they create an Historical Document or Web Page.
Tasks: 1. Choose a topic/ field with which you are familiar or enjoy as a hobby.
Ideas to consider: A Particular Professional Sport. Musical Styles Specific Business Entertainment Medical Practice Political Arena
2. Choose or Find at least 5 people who have established themselves in this field.
3. Now create a Main Document Page. This Page will include an introductory paragraph about your topic. It should also include the following:
¨ Background Theme or Color.
¨ A Picture depicting or representing the topic
¨ First Line Indent Paragraph
¨ Sans-Serif Title, Centered
¨ Serif Paragraph Body
¨ Double Indented Bullets listing each person you have chosen.
4. Now you must do some internet web surfing to find an informative page about each of your chosen people. Keep track of the Web addresses for each person.
5. Finally, create Hyperlinks next to each person's name. From the main page, you will be able to view the information about each person by clicking on the hyperlink.
6. Save the File as a *.doc word file. If possible save it also as an HTML document. You may lose some formatting when saving as HTML. That is okay. SAVE AS DOCUMENT FIRST!
Doc: ___________________ HTML: ______________________
___ Topic chosen meets criteria ___ 5 credible personalities have been chosen
___ Background/ Color is in effect ___ A representative picture is on page
___ First Line Indent is in effect ___ Sans-Serif Title
___ Serif Paragraph ___ Double Indent Bullets
___ Hyperlinks are in place and working ___ File is properly Saved.