THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF COMPUTERS
OFFICE APPLICATIONS: EXCEL -Lesson 3 - Formulas/ Print Control/ HTML
10 pt project
A. GET YOUR LIST
1. Google "BOX OFFICE LIST" and find the top 100 Movies w/ Revenue
2. Copy and Paste the names into EXCEL.
3. If there are row spaces between, then highlight the column and choose DATA-SORT to purge out the blanks or unnecessary rows.
B. ADD THE FORMULA
1. Place Headings at the top of each column. "Rank" "Movie Title" "Total Gross"
2. Total the Gross Sales at the bottom of the list. Use NLF or Cell Range.
3. Now Figure the % of the Total for each Movie. Add another Column for result.
4. Be sure that Gross Amts are formatted CURRENCY and percentages contain %.
C. PAGE FORMATTING
1. Add a center-Header to the Sheet. Call it "Top 100 Grossing Movies of All Time".
2. Add a Footer and provide the Date / Page Number and your Initials.
3. Set the Column Headings so that they will appear at the top of each page.
4. Add Page Breaks after every 25 titles. This should result in 4 PAGES.
5. Print Preview to see that all formatting is proper.
D. PRODUCE OUTPUT
1. Save the Top Movie pages as an HTML document. NAME: __________________
2. The excel cells create special Tags in the HTML code, what are a few of them?
________ _________ _________ ________ ________ _________
3. Can you change the color of the cell background or the font style, by adjusting the HTML code? (Hint: google HTML color chart for HEX Codes.)
4. Make one other change to the content of the page. Use simple HTML code.
5. Save your final page as :
YYY-PAGECONTROL.HTML (YYY ARE YOUR INITIALS)
CONGRATULATIONS !!! MS/EXCEL SENSEI